You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I  apologize if this topic was already covered. I searched and found nothing quite like the problem I am having.

Summary: Brushes, strokes, and effect are limited in how far up they can be scaled, limiting the overall size of the image created.

I have a small bullet-like object created on the iPad. After opening the file on my desktop app I realized it is too small, so I scale it up. As you can see, from the attached image, the brush strokes and effects don't scale up even though I have the stroke's Scale with Object selected. I tried to resize the gaussian blur effect, but it is limited (won't blur enough).

So, I am assuming then that effects such as Gaussian blur, noise, and simple things like stroke thickness are somewhat limited when you use them in large works. Is that assumption correct? And what about brush textures? Those are bitmaps right, so how far can those be upscaled before losing clarity? Will creating larger brush textures remedy the problem, and will AD have vector brushes in the future?

For now, I hope that by exporting to the final size the quality will be high enough to be used.

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

-Bill

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 1.36.43 PM.png

23 minutes ago, befehr said:

I  apologize if this topic was already covered. I searched and found nothing quite like the problem I am having.

Summary: Brushes, strokes, and effect are limited in how far up they can be scaled, limiting the overall size of the image created.

Did you have Scale with Object ticked?

scales.jpg.aec3967e8d185835f3f278d0a50fd46d.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.