You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Toolbar and Tool Customizations gone after update

I know it is still Beta and for as much I can say, AP blows InDesign out of the way or is at least on the same level, I am a bit confused. I arranged my workspace so I can use it as I like/being used to from ID and didn't find any option to save that. So I assumed it would stay the same after an update. Luckily I saved my shortcuts. The option is quit easy to see. But my whole Workspace settings are gone, that should definitely be improved by giving one the option to adjust the workspace according to their preferences. 
I also have multiple workspaces saved in ID now to work on books with the focus on formats of text and paragraphs, and a workspace for designing and playing for example which is completly different. 

Or did I overlook some function saving me the stupid fault I made by just updating?

Please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about this, it is just a function that is important for many users and I did'nt found anything related to this in the search.

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Tools stayed as I arranged them, only Studio Windows are completly reset.

This is not normal for most updates but there was something they changed about this update that caused them to intentionally reset some things to defaults this time.

That was mentioned in the thread about the update, though the wording might not have been 100% obvious to everyone.

58 minutes ago, Gigiga said:

I really wanted to suggest that different workspaces would be a feature user would benefit from.

Hello @Gigiga,

to save workspaces is some sort of a popular request around here, you are not alone :) and it does make sense, IMHO.

It just isn't implemented and - to be honest - I do not know of any indication when this feature will come.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

18 minutes ago, Gigiga said:

The tools toolbar wasn't affected in any way, all my customizations were still in place. I was refering to the studio windows and panels.

I also wish there was a Studio option to create and save a personal set of docked chosen panels.   Every so often,  after having organized my own chosen options into a docked panel, I need to get to the desktop, and accidentally swipe my docked panel into the ether.   Then it is View>Studio>click on one thing, View.Studio>click on another, View>Studio> etc. etc. until I am back in business.   The Reset Studio gets me back to the default, but so much of what I want (Character, Paragraph, etc.) is down at the bottom, with Color stuff up on top.    Anyway, we must admit that these Panels are unbelievably full of goodies!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9