You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

strange layer name in 157 beta

3 hours ago, ktpaul said:

Layer name showing Unicode number instead of Chinese characters. The status bar also showing Unicode number.

1183006490_strangelayername.JPG.b73858d1a6d43eb509d2fb5067c37fdc.JPG

1391890958_strangestatusbar.JPG.dee78959c4197e8440738452d8ef4389.JPG

Hi @ktpaul,

I see the same with german umlauts. I think it has something to do with a new addition in the latest beta release:
'The option to toggle Unicode (U+nnnn) representation of text has been added to the Text menu'

I see this only in artistic text. I consider this a bug.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, dominik said:

I see this only in artistic text. I consider this a bug.

The effect can also be seen in the Frame Text. Here the text of the layer changes only after I double click on the page in the page panel.

32 minutes ago, Michail said:

Here the text of the layer changes only after I double click on the page in the page panel.

Indeed, I can confirm this. Really strange. Well, let's wait for next week :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

7 hours ago, AdamW said:

Whoops - I can see what's happened here. Switched in error to retrieve the 'diagnostic' names rather than the user friendly names. Should be a relatively easy fix for someone.

Good to hear. Thanks!

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.