You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Download previous Beta

I just updated to .157 from .145 and a document I was working on will not open. The app quits when the file is opened and displayed. The download page says Latest and Previous versions but only the latest one shows. Can I still download .145 please so I can finish my document?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi appaulmac,

I've put build 145 <Link Removed> temporarily, but please be aware it will expire in a couple of weeks.

Is there any chance we could get a copy of your document? If it is too large or too sensitive to post here but you are otherwise happy for us to have it, let us know and we can sort something out.

3 hours ago, AdamW said:

Hi appaulmac,

I've put build 145 here temporarily, but please be aware it will expire in a couple of weeks.

Is there any chance we could get a copy of your document? If it is too large or too sensitive to post here but you are otherwise happy for us to have it, let us know and we can sort something out.

Thanks for your help. I can send you a copy of the file (it's a client's mini-book, I'd rather not publicize it here). Just let me know where to send it. Actually I have three revisions and all three cause Publisher to quit.

I'll have a play with the file and see if anything I do will make it open in the later version.

worked perfectly - and can open the file again. 

Not sure if a future beta will solve the crash? or should I shelve this project? I am currently working two files in parallel - updating this one and PPx9 one at the same time. Not point in updating the publisher one if I cant progress to future betas though.

5 hours ago, magicdesign__ said:

worked perfectly - and can open the file again. 

Not sure if a future beta will solve the crash? or should I shelve this project? I am currently working two files in parallel - updating this one and PPx9 one at the same time. Not point in updating the publisher one if I cant progress to future betas though.

Don't do important work in a Beta, I would do the work in PPx9 and just see if Affinity Publisher can do the same stuff or see how it does it. 

Again "Don't do important work in a Beta".

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Don't do important work in a Beta, I would do the work in PPx9 and just see if Affinity Publisher can do the same stuff or see how it does it. 

Again "Don't do important work in a Beta".

I am doing it in parallel in both Publisher and PPx9 at the same time (or at least I was up to this point) - but it would be nice if the file opens with each beta release - wouldn't you agree? 

Again "Wouldn't you agree?"

6 minutes ago, magicdesign__ said:

Again "Wouldn't you agree?"

Yes.

I probably misread your post as saying your were (thinking of) giving up on working on the job in PPx9 and only using Affinity Publisher Beta to finish the job. If you have the time to do a parallel workflow then have at it and I bet you'll be learning Affinity Publisher quicker and better by doing so.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

53 minutes ago, magicdesign__ said:

yes - indeed. Its a quick way to learn the new software. Unfortunately, the more I am using it, the more I like PPx9

I actually laughed. Going to get you hired as the new spokesman.