trevorm

All text is blurred after latest update.

You have hit the nail on the head. Reducing to 100% cured the problem. Pity as I like the larger text.

When I restarted Publisher a window opened from Win 10 saying it appears you have some blurry apps and to go to advanced scaling and let Windows sort it out. I haven't tried it but wonder whether there may be a solution to allow the use of some scaling.

Many thanks for your help.

I use 125% and do not have the problem, I am sure there is more to it than just display scaling

<Edit #1> OK I have it happening now. I needed 2 documents open and switching from one to the other after moving from a 125% screen to a 100% second screen. I also know what has changed in this week's build, so this should be easy to fix/revert. </Edit #1>

<<Edit #2>>, and no I cannot make it go away! 125% is an easy recipe when opening from scratch<<Edit #2>>

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Since this problem with scaling did not occur with version .145 is there some hope that it will be changed in the future so that scaling can be used?

Just now, trevorm said:

Since this problem with scaling did not occur with version .145 is there some hope that it will be changed in the future so that scaling can be used?

Oh yes, this is a blocker... I have no doubt it will be fixed before release. Furthermore I would put lots of money on it being fixed in the next build. I just apologise that this regression was not caught till now, I have had this build for days and it was not initially obvious, so sorry to all those affected.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

I agree - text was fine prior to update and post update is blurred! 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it did not fix.   Please advise! 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, jfrye said:

Please advise! 

At this point, your choices seem to be:

1. Live with it. Or

2. Change your Windows Display settings to 100% scaling instead of the value you have specified now.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

yes the vew on screen is fuzzy indeed on the screen. It is more obvious on my work screen with resolution 2560 x 1440 but on the laptop scren 1366 x 768 it is noticable as well.

-pp-