You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All text is blurred after latest update.

Thanks for thinking of that, @Patrick Connor Mine is at 125%, too.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You have hit the nail on the head. Reducing to 100% cured the problem. Pity as I like the larger text.

When I restarted Publisher a window opened from Win 10 saying it appears you have some blurry apps and to go to advanced scaling and let Windows sort it out. I haven't tried it but wonder whether there may be a solution to allow the use of some scaling.

Many thanks for your help.

• Staff

I use 125% and do not have the problem, I am sure there is more to it than just display scaling

<Edit #1> OK I have it happening now. I needed 2 documents open and switching from one to the other after moving from a 125% screen to a 100% second screen. I also know what has changed in this week's build, so this should be easy to fix/revert. </Edit #1>

<<Edit #2>>, and no I cannot make it go away! 125% is an easy recipe when opening from scratch<<Edit #2>>

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
Just now, trevorm said:

Since this problem with scaling did not occur with version .145 is there some hope that it will be changed in the future so that scaling can be used?

Oh yes, this is a blocker... I have no doubt it will be fixed before release. Furthermore I would put lots of money on it being fixed in the next build. I just apologise that this regression was not caught till now, I have had this build for days and it was not initially obvious, so sorry to all those affected.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, jfrye said:

Please advise! 

At this point, your choices seem to be:

1. Live with it. Or

2. Change your Windows Display settings to 100% scaling instead of the value you have specified now.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.