Hi,

1. I can’t find “The facility to specify precision for readout of angles has been added in Preferences” in preferences.
  2. Linking/embeding pictures option should be located in “Preferences” instead in “New”.
  3. “Paragraph decorations” and “Paragraph shading” should exclude each other in same decoration style.
  4. Add ability to reposition master objects on individual working pages and change their attributes (as in Quark).
  5. In "Text > Insert" only "Spaces and Tabs" shows the flyout panel correctly (on the right side). All others flyouts are on the left. (See attachment).

insert.png

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

1. it is under "User Interface" - "Decimal Places for Unit Types" - "Degrees"

2. No it shouldn't.  I might want embedded for one document and linked for the next.  This is a document property and not a global application preference, as it should be.

4. There is a way of cheating this right now (turn off "Sync" in the Symbols palette, select the object in the layers palette and move it); the Affinity team may have something else in mind longer-term but that at least works for the moment

5. Assuming you mean the submenus, they all appear on the right for me.  This might be a function of the screen resolution, as they might only appear on the right if there is room for them?  (or it might be a Windows bug; I am on a mac - if it is a bug then this is the wrong place to post it on the forum).

2. The linking/embedding option should be in Preferences so the user can set a global default, and in Document Properties so the user can override the default setting.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

9 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

2. The linking/embedding option should be in Preferences so the user can set a global default, and in Document Properties so the user can override the default setting.

I agree, this better soluyion.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7

16 minutes ago, fde101 said:

1. it is under "User Interface" - "Decimal Places for Unit Types" - "Degrees"

2. No it shouldn't.  I might want embedded for one document and linked for the next.  This is a document property and not a global application preference, as it should be.

4. There is a way of cheating this right now (turn off "Sync" in the Symbols palette, select the object in the layers palette and move it); the Affinity team may have something else in mind longer-term but that at least works for the moment

5. Assuming you mean the submenus, they all appear on the right for me.  This might be a function of the screen resolution, as they might only appear on the right if there is room for them?  (or it might be a Windows bug; I am on a mac - if it is a bug then this is the wrong place to post it on the forum).

1. Thank you for this.

4. Cheating is not so obvious. Quark did it better.

5. I sent an attachment about this. Of course there is a room on the right side, but only one shows submenus correctly (on the right side).

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7

17 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

linking/embedding option should be in Preferences so the user can set a global default

The default is actually saved with the page preset.

If you change it and save a custom preset then switching to that preset will recall the linking/embedding option.

Given that the option is recalled with the preset, a global preference would not work.

54 minutes ago, fde101 said:

The default is actually saved with the page preset.

If you change it and save a custom preset then switching to that preset will recall the linking/embedding option.

Given that the option is recalled with the preset, a global preference would not work.

You might not choose to use a page preset, but if you did then it should be expected that any of its settings will override your global preferences.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I will add:
6. In "View > View Mode" and "View > View" flyout panels are on the left, too.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7

7 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

I will add:
6. In "View > View Mode" and "View > View" flyout panels are on the left, too.

All of these panels appear on the right with my MAC, Sierra.   

21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.      iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.7 (pre-ordered); Publisher beta v. 1.7.0.384; Affinity Photo 1.7 and Photo Beta 1.7.1.138;  Affinity Designer 1.7. 

Magic mouse.9_9

Well, it is not so big problem. They just didn't pay attention too much on this. I think they will correct it.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7