You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updating Publisher Beta

I know there have been a number of threads on updates failing and I am just offering this as an observation. 

On my desktop PC every update I have attempted has failed on the first try. When I restart the PC it installs without problem, but acts as if it is installing a new application (presumably the first attempt removed the existing version). I  also run this as administrator as I get failures with installations not being able to create a folder/file in the process without this permission?

When I install on my laptop it updates first time without error every time.

The screens below show the specs for each device, I only attach a tablet to my laptop as and when needed, the PC has a permanent one attached 

PC

image.png.f62bb7b042a39564c4ae35617b41da79.png

Laptop

image.png.cdb925a6f1c9bbc58efcca1a5eb68230.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to  update my previous post - one again version 206 installed first time on my laptop, but failed first time on my PC. After restart it failed again, this is the first time it has failed after a restart. I had unchecked create a desktop shortcut, tried again with it checked and it updated. Again all these have to be run as administrator as somehow my PC requires this or it cannot create a file, throws up exception error.

Again this is just for observation 

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.