Pattou

Guides manager & columns : how to spread to all...

Hi,

I have a document of >100 pages, one master page and I want to make visible 6 columns. I can not do it through "document-" or "spread setup" but by "View-->Guides manager".
Ok, I set up this for the master page but these 6 columns are not spreaded in the document pages. When I do this set-up in the document, it is only fine for the selected (double) page... how can I spread this set-up to all pages ?

Thanks,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

It worked for me...  are you sure you were on the master when you set them?  You need to double-click the master page in the Master Pages panel; you should see "Master A" (or whatever the name of the master page is) along the left edge of the status bar at the bottom of the Affinity Publisher window.

If that doesn't work, make sure the master is actually applied to the pages - if you point to a page in the Pages panel and hold the mouse there you should get a tooltip-type popup showing which masters are applied to the page.

Thanks fde101 for your reply.

Everything seems fine except the spread of the columns : the 1st scs show the master A and the 2d the document pages.

MasterA.JPG

Pages doc1.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Ok, it works fine now : I had to reapply the Master again after having set up the columns.

Cheers,

Patrick

If you previously set the number of columns on one of the pages/spreads then it sticks with that regardless of changes to the master (if there is a way to "clear" the page settings to revert to following the master, I'm not seeing it).

If that is not the issue, then someone from the Affinity team might need to look at it - for me, the column guide settings from the master page are being consistently applied to all of the spreads that I did not separately set a column count on.

Just now, Pattou said:

I had to reapply the Master again after having set up the columns.

Interesting... I didn't need to do that, but if it is working for you, great.

There is something hinkey with the application of Master Pages and changes not updating but I haven't had time to consistently reproduce it.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458