You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boolean Operations doesn´t work right

Hi @all,

I testet something in the new Beta and i noticed that the boolean operations are still not fixed but in my opinion they are very useful if i want to draw own shapes and i need this function often for my work. But see the Screenshots below please.
I draw 6 Circles which are overlapping, so i have 6 objects.1881890107_ScreenShot.thumb.JPG.54eb521c0f8f22b9ded9c12aa7ea4fcb.JPG

Thats is ok but now i select them all and divide them and after dividing i have 1076 objects. If i count what i should have, i count 31 objects, 5 from a circle and the one in the middle or am i wrong?
1935377606_ScreenShot001.thumb.JPG.1750d105d0cc59f02cba2e118d213dc6.JPG

Please have a look to this and please fix it. It´s very annoying that it doesn´t work.
In Designer and Photo this works similar and if needed, i open an issue there too.

Greetz
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

These many objects seem to be created by breaking down a few lines into countless mini-lines. In my opinion, these are lines that lie over many objects at the same time. Something goes wrong.

Besides: When I try to apply "Divide" in flexible mode, it behaves exactly like "Combine". That can't be right either.

• Staff

Hi Uwe367,
Thanks for your feedback/report. We are aware that boolean operations don't give clean results in a few circumstances and we already have this logged along with several sample files to test against new/revised code. We do hope to fix this for all Affinity apps at some point but due to amount of work and the complexity of these functions it is indeed taking some time. Please bear with us. We will get there. Thank you.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi Uwe367,
Thanks for your feedback/report. We are aware that boolean operations don't give clean results in a few circumstances and we already have this logged along with several sample files to test against new/revised code. We do hope to fix this for all Affinity apps at some point but due to amount of work and the complexity of these functions it is indeed taking some time. Please bear with us. We will get there. Thank you.

Hi MEB,
Thanks for your answer and yes, i think that it is a lot of work to fix this because it´s very complex.
I thought that this function is in Publisher better than in the other apps and i was horrified as i saw that the results are similar to designer and photo and so i posted this issue.
For designer and Photo i posted the same issue a few month ago.
I bear with you and i hope that the dev-team will fix this :)
Thumbs Up

Have a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another hint about this Bug:
I tested it it some times with the same objects like in my first posting and result is always diffrent. One time the result was 852 Objects after dividing, with the next test there were 1163 Objects and so on.
It´s only a hint for the Dev-Team  :)

Have a nice day.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.