You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What did I think of Affinity Publisher

11 hours ago, Dave 1946 said:

I would like to be able to export in a bitmap format.

You can do that already.  Select Export from the File menu and in the resulting sheet there are icons across the top to select a file format you want to export to - among them are PNG, TIFF, JPEG ...

On 11/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, fde101 said:

You can do that already.  Select Export from the File menu and in the resulting sheet there are icons across the top to select a file format you want to export to - among them are PNG, TIFF, JPEG ...

Unless Dave 1946 meant bitmap as in 1-bit color mode. None of the Affinity apps currently support that. I've already said it in a couple of threads elsewhere, but the absence of bitmap image support renders the otherwise fantastic suite of apps ultimately unusable for many graphic design professionals who deal mostly with print.

Dave 1946, I'm with you. As class 1954 (a bit younger than you) happy user of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, I'm fall in love for Affinity Publisher. I've just created a small desk calendar with success and in only a day (about 16 pages, CMYK / Fogra39) and exporting a pdf. And all works fine. Ready to buy it ! 

"Three Musketeers ..." hoping the coming, as soon as possible, of the fourth, a DAM who let me to throw from the window LR :D

Photographer & Guitarist equipped with Affinity Photo, Designer & Publisher on Mac.

I have have to say I have had little problems with using Affinity Publisher Beta version it has been very easy to use for what I wanted, I have to say I have been using another DTP app on my Apple Mac and after two years never got use to using. But Affinity Publisher Beta version seemed so much natural to use.

As I mentioned I use a Mac but I first learned about computers using Windows with apps like Word and PagePlus, using the other Apple DTP I feel I needed a university degree in typesetting I didn’t get all that far. Affinity Publisher Beta I successfully designed a poster for my club in less than an hour and actually enjoyed using it.