You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating and placing Guides

Creating guides by dragging from horizontal or vertical ruler only works with node tool and not with move tool. Why that??
Move Tool would be more obvious.

And then:
You can drag to move the guide: it's okay, that a tooltip shows the coordinates.
But to place it easier and more exact, you could use the input fields for x and y at the transform tab in the bottom right corner.

I'm not a member of the development team but I have been paying attention to the bugs in the betas here whenever I use the Publisher beta packages. I've read this post and immediately fired up the latest beta as of today and I can say you CAN drag horizontal and vertical guides with the move tool. It's the Node tool that doesn't seem to work as advertised with the guides in the beta that was released two hours ago. I tried pulling horizontal guides with the node tool and it doesn't work. But the move tool works fine.

16 hours ago, HagensWatch said:

I'm not a member of the development team but I have been paying attention to the bugs in the betas here whenever I use the Publisher beta packages. I've read this post and immediately fired up the latest beta as of today and I can say you CAN drag horizontal and vertical guides with the move tool. It's the Node tool that doesn't seem to work as advertised with the guides in the beta that was released two hours ago. I tried pulling horizontal guides with the node tool and it doesn't work. But the move tool works fine.

No, it only works with the Node tool!!!  version 1.7.0.157 for Windows
See attached Video!!!

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi mark us,
Make sure the Toggle Guides Editing button is enabled in the main toolbar (the first icon after the Snapping magnet icon). In your video it's disabled when you start using the Move Tool in the beginning and when you try to edit the guides.

That's it!!! Thanks a lot MEB!!!!!

Can I somehow mark this topic that everyone knows that it was okay?

I should have read this ;-) in Help:

• From the Toolbar, toggle on Toggle Guides Editing

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.