You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

remove all effect at once?

In Affinity Designer, does anyone know if there is a way to remove all effects from a drawing at once, instead of having to remove them one object at a time?

I want to export to Illustrator (EPS or PDF) an illustration which contains gaussian blurs, and those would rasterize at export, and I want to keep it all "vector."

Thanks

SORRY, I figured it out. 

Does anyone know how to remove a topic? :-(

11 hours ago, befehr said:

Does anyone know how to remove a topic? :-(

A better idea is to tell people what you did :-)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Ha, right. 

I thought I could select the top level of each layer in the stack, then find a function  like “remove all effect”. But no. 

What I did was, while keeping the effects window open, I expanded each layer and group, selected objects within each layer/group, then unchecked the applied effects in the effects window.

Still, it a bit time consuming but better than one object at a time. 

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi befehr,
Try this: in the EPS, PDF Export dialogs, click the More button, then set the Rasterise dropdown to Nothing (almost on top). This should do what you want without having to disable/remove the FX (unless you need something else in the document rasterised - this setting affects everything).

This sounds perfect, but the outcome was a little wonky. Using this method seems to have changed colors and color positions in some of the gradients, both in PDF and EPS. My method of turning the effect off for each object worked much better, more predictable, though much more time consuming.

2 hours ago, Wosven said:

Hi,

You can try this on a copy of your illustration (it's ok when tested on few forms):

• Create a form with no effect.
  • Copy the effects (= copy "no effect").
  • Paste this effect to other items (= no effect), you can select differents form before pasting the "no effect" property.

Hi Wosven,

This works pretty well, but I can't select the top level layer(s) or group(s) and apply, I have to select the individual objects then apply. Still, pretty slick solution.

Do you have a different experience on your end?