You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import folder into Assets as in PPX

Is there a way to import a folder with images into Assets, as done in PP? This way I can just drag images into a page. Tx.

Found the answer. It does a bit different but works the same.

Edited by sdrum
Found answer

Is it possible to share your method? This is one of the issues that causes me problems and the only way I have found is quite slow.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Not sure how the OP did it but try this

File > Place all your asset files into a new document (all at once, not one by one)

Do not resize the assets when placing them or worry if they overlap the page or each other

Then with all layers selected in the layers panel, go into the asset panel and use the option Add from Selection

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Many thanks for that Carl that is a lot better than how I was doing it (individually). The problem faced once again is the preview size in the assets panel (small thumbnails) I did highlight this in a previous thread, also mentioning that png files were near impossible to see using the dark interface. Hopefully that will progress. The Place Panel has really good size preview images and a size somewhere in between would be great for the asset panel (unless again I am missing a setting. 

dark asset screen.JPG

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.