You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Merge licenses

I'm sure this topic is not new. Today I felt like buying your products but as I discovered that I have to pay double to have a license on both OSs I was totally turned down. I am a freelancer and as many, I already have a CC subscription, which works on both systems. Justifying a 100% increase on your base price for what is in the end a sigle user license is not possible for me. Stop hurting your sells guys, seriously think about this again!

Best,

JD

Your CC subscription runs into hundreds over the years, so Adobe can afford some illusion of a better offer, Affinity's is a very good price for a lifelong licence.  So yes, paying for two is still excellent value my friend.:)

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Well, for Business they offer:

● Multi-seat discounts starting from just 10 users
    ● Blended macOS and Windows licenses
    ● Additional discount when licensing both apps

But since you are only one person, I don't know if you can make a deal with Serif.

Best regards!

On 11/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, Chris26 said:

Your CC subscription runs into hundreds over the years, so Adobe can afford some illusion of a better offer, Affinity's is a very good price for a lifelong licence.  So yes, paying for two is still excellent value my friend.:)

Well, $650 for a year it's nothing, as a designer you can make that much per day. But the point is not the price but the adoption and clarity of the offer. You want to make the user feel safe with the purchase, especially for student that will be professionals later and you want to steal away from under Adobe's nose. I'd prefer paying double and getting the whole package the paying half and realizing later that it doesn't cover an OS. Also, mark my words this won't last, in few years they will come up with a "pay for this semester new features", like Allegorithmic. So even if you have a "lifetime" subscription you would be missing the new features that there are already in development... Trust me I come from the future :10_wink:

Only Pixologic kept updating Zbrush for free from the beginning, and god I love them for that!