You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer opens and then closes alone

I have a problem with both Affinity designer and Affinity photo for Windows

I use windows 10 all the updated drivers already tried several things but without success.

When opening Affinity for the first time it opens normal, but if I close and try to open it again it opens and closes. Then I need to restart the pc for it to reopen.

Have they ever worked?  If so, what's changed?  If you start and close one of the apps does the other one immediately have the problem or are they showing the same problem but independantly?  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• Staff

Hi airtonmaia :)

Sorry to hear it! Are you running the standalone versions of the software, or do you have them installed through the Microsoft store?

When the apps are closing, do you see any error messages at all?

If you right click on a compatible file (such as a .afdesign, jpeg etc) and open with Affinity, does the app open correctly or crash?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi, so I downloaded it straight through the affinity website.

When the affinity closes it does not display any messages, it simply closes.

If I right click and ask to open the affinity it opens and closes.

It loads the logo of the affinity showing the version, so it loads the fonts it closes.

• Staff

Thanks for that, could you please check the following list to see if you have any of these programs installed?

Do you have a font manager, or a large amount of fonts installed on your machine?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Obrigado, por favor me avise. Já tivemos relatos de que certos gerenciadores de fontes ou um número excessivo de fontes instaladas podem causar falhas no Affinity, você sabe quantas fontes você instalou?

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

I see, do you have a font manager installed? Could you provide me with the fonts that you have, so I can test them here for any incompatibilities? You can upload them to the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/Ge6F9LPyTaHY4BDTsKem

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Happy to hear it! If you do discover which specific font is causing the issue then please do let us know so I can inform our developers :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!