You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text flow - removing a page

Just a quick question

I have a long text document which i have imported and it flow from page to page, Each page of this is the same format and has a page break and has an image frame with an image in it with the text flowing around it.
All good so far.

My issue is that i need to remove some pages, however doing so leaves a blank page that i cant seem to remove without upsetting text flow.

I have removed all the text and image from the page i need to get rid of. I have tried deleting using backspace but it seems the page break stops this working

So my Question: How do you remove a page thats in the middle of flowing text and/or a page break?

Thanks

You could:

• Delete the page break. With Text > Show Special Characters enabled you can select it and delete it. That might then enable you do delete the Text Frame.
    or
  • Right-click on the page in the Pages panel, and choose Delete. (Or, click on the page in the Pages panel and click the trash can icon.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt

Thank for that but i have tried all these, i can delete the pages but everything just goes nuts.

Is there a way of un-flowing the text on a page?

Quick edit, i find that i can drag the pages around and almost get there.

No that does not work either,

1 hour ago, Birder said:

Is there a way of un-flowing the text on a page?

I think it is just tap on the red triangle and you will get an odd looking 'break the text flow' cursor and when you see that tap the same triangle again.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks, but i think its just how i have done my book that's the problem

Its has text that flows over 176 pages, with a page break after each page. Each then has an image placed on it with the text flowing round the image.
These images don't move with the text.

There was 3 pages i need to delete, but when i do the text flows to the wrong page and the related image does not move.

I think the only way in Publisher is to do each page as a separate file and not flow the text.

Getting there.....

Thanks Old Bruce, your de-link works great but i found to delete you have to select the triangle then go into the text box and click again.

I am going through and copying and pasting the text into separate pages and all is OK

Maybe they could have a "save as separate pages" where you select the pages and split them, but i cant see that as an option

9 hours ago, Birder said:

Maybe they could have a "save as separate pages" where you select the pages and split them, but i cant see that as an option

That could be very useful for a lot of people, you should suggest it to the developers.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.