You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We did this before, and for the most part it created more work for us having to approve posts all the time, and a worse forum experience for new users when it takes us a few hours to spot their posts. Since most  new users come here because they are already having a bad experience with our products, apparently ignoring their complaints is bad. So we switched it off. Clearly now we had to switch it back on (which wasn't me, by the way. I'm not Top Cat enough to do it).

I suspect this attack was triggered by publicity associated with the our Mac App Store update. There will probably be another spam attack when Photo goes live.

Hi Dave.

My recommendation would be to have the first five, or so, post that need approval.

If someone is willing to do that, it's unlikely that they're going to start spamming.

Also, I'm sure you're familiar with spam-o-matic.

On TalkGraphics, we then use that to ban the spammer and this then warns a central base as well.

But, the first five posts should need approval.

Also, can I ask (because I can't remember) does membership need approval?