You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Logitech Speaker

Dean Reardon

Sort of a newbie at Affinity Designer and have spent about two weeks (1 week trial then another week bought). I've used Illustrator a bit but probably more Affinity Designer in the last two weeks then all of my Illustrator use. I'm not an artist by any stretch and my real difficult is perspective. But just having fun.

Anyway, they say to get better at a program, one should practice. I've copied some Youtube videos and designs as well as some design images from the web. So I thought I would try something different. I have two monitors on my desk and have to lay my little Logitech speakers down on their sides to use them effectively. And I thought, why not! So I present to you a Logitech speaker laying on it's side! :D

Let me know what you think and thanks!

Logitech speaker.png

5 hours ago, Fantail said:

Wow, nice! The background looks a bit lazy and weird but the speaker itself looks really cool. Great attention to detail with all the rounded and shaded edges!

You are right about the background...I got tired and lazy. Changed the background and put a bit of perspective on the wood (from CG Textures) using Gimp, added some wires out the back of the speaker, and a bit more touch up on the speaker (I left a layer off the bottom  (side of speaker) last time). Appreciate your input!

speaker2.png

Nice use of texture.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Now that looks much more like a finished work. Last critique would be that the wires look like they are from a perfect top down perspective, which doesn't quite fit, especially with the shadows so close by indicating they should be lying on the table. I don't have AD myself so I can't tell you how to do that, but I'm sure you'll figure something out, seeing how you've already managed to do all that in just two weeks!

The speaker is not in a position natural to its function, i.e. its not stood on its base and upright as its function would dictate, the shadow isn't right either, The distance and direction of the light source would dictate where a shadow lay, you have a shadow in front which would suggest a light source from the rear but the highlights suggest a light from the front, even if both light sources exist a front and a rear the shadow would be different and much paler.

To test this theory get a tube, and shine a torch light or an angle poise light if you have one and move the torch or AP light about the subject.

To correct the shadow reduce the front part to be tight up against the speaker so there is only a small amount of shadow, this will help grounding the object to the surface.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions