You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Affinity Photo, is it possible to nudge (i.e. use keyboard arrows) a single handle in a certain direction? I am aware I can nudge an entire object, but there are some instances where this isn't ideal. I haven't had 100% success with enabling some of the snapping features available in Photo, so this this type of nudging may not be possible. See screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Thanks for any insight you can give!

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.22.27 PM.jpg

38 minutes ago, quinnballard said:

In Affinity Photo, is it possible to nudge (i.e. use keyboard arrows) a single handle in a certain direction? I am aware I can nudge an entire object, but there are some instances where this isn't ideal. I haven't had 100% success with enabling some of the snapping features available in Photo, so this this type of nudging may not be possible. See screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Thanks for any insight you can give!

You can't nudge just that node because the rectangle is a dynamic shape.

Convert it to curves,

ctc.jpg.1387ba43e48f6a7eada08888bcd8f8a6.jpg

which will give you just the four corner nodes, but you can add a node and move it.

converted.jpg.2ed743bd7fdf570fe6f30b8a95e04fe7.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

@toltec Cool, thank you! Is it possible somehow to be able to nudge an entire side instead of just a node? I realized I was kind of unclear in the original post :| I should have typed "nudge this entire side left or right."

PS - thanks for sharing about the convert to curves feature. I know that can come in handy in the future!

3 minutes ago, quinnballard said:

@toltec Cool, thank you! Is it possible somehow to be able to nudge an entire side instead of just a node? 

PS - thanks for sharing about the convert to curves feature. I know that can come in handy in the future!

Select the two leftmost nodes and you can nudge them together, use the node tool to select them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old Bruce Thank you! It seems like I can do that with a shape, but not a pixel layer. I think that was what was tripping me up. If the only way to nudge multiple notes is on a shape layer, that is cool. Do you have suggestions on how I could do that with a pixel layer? I tried to rasterize the pixel layer, but I still wasn't seeing the ability to convert to curves.

Forgive my lack of not knowing the exact terminology for the kinds of layers. Even though I've been an Affinity user for a few years, I still have a lot to learn :)

Ah, I see, I think. I am going to guess that the grey trapezoid shadow is what you want to stretch/shrink only. Try it with the Transform Studio, set the 'Anchor' point to the far right side. It is the big grey one here, now use the W: to stretch or shrink. Oh, VERY important the far left thing that looks like an 8 is a symbol for "Linking" the width and height together, here it is unlinked which is what we want, if it is linked the object will grow in both directions.

Untitled.jpeg.e5a82999136d0cee48f9771318153071.jpeg

I almost suggested this at first but second guessed myself.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.