F_Kal

[AP] While Stitching a Panorama, the zoom keyboard shortcuts (Cmd +/-) get hijacked by the Location Panel's mini-map

It's a mild annoyance that gets solved if you just hide the Location panel (never understood why it opens by default - why would you need that open when stitching a panorama) but here it is:

While creating/stitching a Panorama, the zoom keyboard shortcuts (Cmd +/-) don't work for zooming in and out of the image (useful for checking for seams). Instead they affect the world map at the location panel.

Hope it helps!

Here's a video demonstrating the issue: 

Here's the video - the keystrokes are not visible, but initially I press  + and - on the keyboard and the mini-map is zooming in and out (up to the 0:35 mark).

Around 0:35 I start pressing Cmd + and Cmd - instead of +/-.

Cmd + once again zooms the mini-map, but Cmd - zooms out the document as was expected

(Cmd 0 resets properly the zoom level of the document but I didn't record that on video)

Try Command +Shift + "=/+"

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

interesting discovery Old Bruce! I feel even more confused now. Cmd+shift+"=" works indeed - Now another coincidental bug that I discovered while testing the shift modifier, is that cmd+shift+"-" doesn't work in Affinity Photo but does work in Affinity Designer. Seems by default there are multiple overloaded keyboard shortcuts for the same actions and some work in some scenarios while other in other scenarios only?

Regardless, I suppose one could eventually use cmd+"-" to zoom out and cmd+shift+"+" to zoom in, but AFAIAK the default behavior is that that cmd+"=" should work just as well; which doesn't happen when the location panel is on.

I wind up trying each and every possible combination in each of the apps for each tool too. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14