You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for Desktop

11 minutes ago, Nina Ghanbarzadeh said:

Is Affinity Publisher for Desktop is like InDesign? I've been using Adobe Suite for the past decade and I am wondering how different your softwares are?

Hello @Nina Ghanbarzadeh,

wellcome to the forum.

InDesign is a program that was developed over several years by now. Affinity Publisher is currently in the beta state of its first release ever. This means there are big differences in the feature set of APub compared to InDesign.

Both programs are made to layout and publish documents for print. And APub is already quite capable.

I want to suggest two things. 1) read a little in this forum, especially the fixed topics at the top. There you will find some of the features that are still missing. And 2) go and download the public beta version from here. Then you can find out yourself how well APub works for your needs :)

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil