Manjifico

[AFP] Develop persona CR2 file issue when using Apple (Core image RAW)

Hi!

I am experiencing an issue with the Canon CR2 files in Develop persona (Affinity photo). When using the Apple (Core Image RAW) the image becomes sliced, see the attached image bellow. But when i use the Serif labs engine the image is fine but it's very saturated. I would love to be able to use the Apple engine becouse the colors displays correctly in my oppinion.

The most strange thing is that i do not have the issue on my two other computers. All running MacOS Mojave. 

Apple (Core image RAW).png

Serif Labs.png

Hi @Manjifico,

Welcome to the forums. 

I have logged this with our developers for further investigations. The tiling effect you see when using the Apple RAW engine should not be there, as the camera is supported, according to Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208967

However, Serif Labs engine does not support this camera, so we cannot guarantee any behaviour. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

33 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Manjifico,

Welcome to the forums. 

I have logged this with our developers for further investigations. The tiling effect you see when using the Apple RAW engine should not be there, as the camera is supported, according to Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208967

However, Serif Labs engine does not support this camera, so we cannot guarantee any behaviour. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thanks for your reply.

I will wait for an uppdate with a solution to this tiling.

Kind regards from Sweden.

Hi Manjifico,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Can you please try the following for me: press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked  then press Clear. Try load the RAW file again. Does it display correctly for you?

It seems to be more than that. We have got it working on some older Macs with Nvidia GPU, but not working on the newer models. In this case, a CTRL run up will not solve the issue. 

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Manjifico,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Can you please try the following for me: press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked  then press Clear. Try load the RAW file again. Does it display correctly for you?

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I have just tested your suggestion but it does not help. I still have the same problem.