You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: reset pen tool?

so my pen tool in Designer started doing very weird things. i couldn't just use the tool to go from point to point (i know i will not be able to give a good description; it was just acting haywire.) i tried using the different modes and it didn't help. i ended up opening up Designer to the factory defaults and now the pen is fine. but, i lost some of the brushes i had imported (i did note them before i reinstalled; figured i would lose them.) my question is: is there any way to reset just the pen tool if, and when, it starts acting haywire again. have you ever had the pen tool do anything like this? yes, i'm the person who messed up my studio not too long ago; fixed it by resetting it. i have no idea how i do these things. maybe sometimes i just get too enthusiastic.

there's another thing that has happened to me several times; the program has locked up. i can't do anything. sometimes i get a message that says the program is not responding. a couple of times it has unlocked itself, and a couple of times i have had to go to the task manager to end the process. i'm now going to try reinstalling the program and see if that stops the problem from happening again. other than that, i love Designer, and am having a ball learning all about it. thank goodness for this forum!!!