OldMCSEGuy

Affinity will not run, gets an error

Hey OldMCSEGuy, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

If you're crashing on runup, could you please try uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them? Do not simply look for and install an update as this might not resolve the issue.

Please let me know how you get on.

Hi,

Im getting the same thing that happens to me when I open raw files, it created the error message that I have returned with my details.

I have only tried raw files up to now as this is my workflow, will try tiff and jpeg later but I don't shoot with these! 

I have cancelled my subscription to Lightroom / photoshop, so I could just use Affinity photo.

Nikon d810 camera and dell i7  laptop with 16 gigs ram, and solid state drive .  

I don't think it's the machine has its done panoramas that ended up nearly 2gig with photoshop and Lightroom both running. Im willing to try your suggestions to sort it out .

regards nik

On 10/31/2018 at 3:37 AM, Chris B said:

Hey OldMCSEGuy, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

If you're crashing on runup, could you please try uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them? Do not simply look for and install an update as this might not resolve the issue.

Please let me know how you get on.

Did no good.  This is a brand new I7 laptop.  I will try to install on an old desktop.  I have purchased several copies for employees and it works fine.

It did work once until I installed an upgrade of Affinity.

Edited by OldMCSEGuy
add more info