You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why weren’t you part of the Apple Keynote Presentation

But your biggest competitor was...  with a product that’s still in beta.  

I’m spending a lot of time and effort moving to the Affinity ecosystem so I’m depending on your leadership to make sure you’re around for a long time.  As one of the best applications for IPad,  it should have been a VP from Serif talking on stage at the Apple event.

You have to up your game...  

They're busy coding!  :) 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:01 PM, Haugh Photography said:

But your biggest competitor was...  with a product that’s still in beta.  

I’m spending a lot of time and effort moving to the Affinity ecosystem so I’m depending on your leadership to make sure you’re around for a long time.  As one of the best applications for IPad,  it should have been a VP from Serif talking on stage at the Apple event.

You have to up your game...  

Methinks the old fable of the tortoise and the hare applies here.    The Affinities are doing this just right, in my considered opinion.   And to borrow from another author, there is many a beta “twixt the cup and the lip.”    Just wait.   When Publisher is ready for launch for MAC it will hit the world by storm.   And mobs of us will be ready.  Plenty of time for the Fall 2019 Apple event!!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Well, they made it when they first launched Photo for the iPad... more like Adobe tried to make the same impression, which is a good sign.

also, having recently reache the million users, if this tendencie continues, I'm confident that Affinity is going the right path.

Best regards!

Hi,

No doubt Affinity is going in the right direction but some minor adjustments wouldn’t hurt.  The reason I say this is because a majority , if not all,  of the photographers here in Florida haven’t heard of Affinity Photo.  That’s a shame because it’s a more mature product for iPad right now.  

Serif has done a great job marketing to people who hate the subscription model...  What about potential customers who are perfectly fine with the subscription model?  They need a different carrot held in front of them to entice them into buying.  Being mentioned at the keynote address would have been a fantastic way to accomplish this.  Keep in mind,  the battle is going to be a lot harder after iPad PS is mainstream.  My recommendation to Serif is spend some effort on marketing...  Any article that mentions PS for iPad should have a post in the comments saying Affinity is already available....  Even better, work with the media to make sure they mention Affinity is available now in the actual article.  

Im tired of hearing people say “that photo was photoshopped”.  They should be saying “That photo was “Affinity’d”.  :)