You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 years later...

Wondering, is this something that will be included in Publisher? A good amount of people still haven't dived into using Affinity apps and they are still using Microsoft and Keynote as well. It would be amazing if Publisher (and all the affinity apps really) could include exporting out to Keynote and PowerPoint apps, and even having an IDML file format. Any moderators or Affinity team members can chime in on this?

1 hour ago, afroniquely said:

Any moderators or Affinity team members can chime in on this?

Serif generally will not comment in topics that are located in the Feedback section of the forum. They do not want to provide any information on future plans, or cause us to have inappropriate expectations for what may be coming.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 hours ago, afroniquely said:

A good amount of people still haven't dived into using Affinity apps and they are still using Microsoft and Keynote as well.

Not to say that I wouldn't want this export format added, but I wonder about the use cases for exporting from Publisher to a presentation app. I may think about business reports produced as booklets and as slide presentations. Is this the main case? Are there others?

Paolo

I don't work for Serif but I believe PowerPoint lacks so many of the features of AfPub that people would be frustrated when their AfPub documents look different in PowerPoint. Even for the features that PPT does support it has more limited or simplified approaches to them. Lines will end up breaking at different points which could lead to text being cut off or the text size changed automatically. You'd always have to check and edit each slide in PPT.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)