You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Palette icons for 'Font UI Size: Large' and multiple palette columns?

I tend to struggle with the small text in many applications UI and really like that Affinity let us increase the font size for the UI.

One thing I do find is that when I have more than two palettes docked together its very hard to read things like 'Character' and 'Paragraph', for example…

1313339203_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_22_09.png.22e17f3fdbcb6451040e60a07c1a8899.png

…becomes…

765317051_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_21_59.png.c7e4225b09c7ffebed59419172c6858b.png

Of course, one way around this is to have less palettes docked together and/or make the palette wider, but on smaller screens I don't have enough space to display them all vertically and if I make it wider there's not much room for the artwork without toggling the visibility of the palettes all the time. Indesign has a feature (below) where you can start a new column next to the main palettes and this is one thing which Publisher is missing:

247032685_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_27_22.png.4a31417e38703f147e2938389d7caacf.png

One way around it would be to have an option to turn on/off icons for the palettes instead of the text. That way its easier to identify the palette you want.

This is just my thoughts on the UI - its almost there, but I think we really need either multiple palette columns or icons for crammed palettes - when you're using something every day for your business little niggles like this can really get annoying!

Keep up the good work folks!

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.21.53.png

I wish there was a way to set up a preferred docked set of Studio Panels which I use every time I start a new document and keeping them as a personal preset.   The reset studio is fine, but only includes some of the options I want regularly (i.e. text frames, glyphs, effects).   Wish I could make my own Restore Studio preset.   Every so often, while swiping to the desktop for a file, I manage to swipe my docked panel off to the great beyond.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 2 weeks later...