matt.baker

Isolation / group edit mode (similar to Illustrator)

I would like a mode where you can open a group or other container and edit these in isolation where all mouse and keyboard events stay within the group. For example Ctrl + A selects everything in the isolated container and not the other parts of the document, clicking and dragging (for selecting multiple objects) outside of the container doesn't cancel the container edit mode etc.

When in this mode the other objects in the artboard/document should become more translucent/faded to indicate they are not being edited.

The following video shows entering the isolation mode by double clicking in Illustrator and this is what I would like:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/selecting-objects.html

https://www.webucator.com/how-to/how-use-isolation-mode-adobe-illustrator.cfm

Hi matt.baker,
This is not the same nor as complete as Illustrator isolation mode - I just don't know if you are aware of it - but if you press and hold ⌥ (option/alt) and click a layer/object in the Layers panel Affinity will isolate it for editing (if the layer is already highlighted/selected in the Layers panel ⌥ (option/alt)-click the thumbnail instead) until you click on somewhere else.