Sign in to follow this  
JohnCa

TIFF issues

I have some issue when overwriting TIFF 16-bit files in AP. 

The more I overwrite a previous TIFF file with newer versions, the faster it corrupts one pixel layer stretching from left to right at about 1/3th of the image. The issue is always exactly identical in every image the bug surfaces although I'm not exactly sure when or why it pops up. It also shows in the "desktop" image icon where it renders the lower 2/3th as black.

I'll include a snapshot where the corrupt line shows.

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 08.51.22.png

Hi JohnCa,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you provide one of the files in question so I can look into this further for you?

Thanks

Callum

Hi Callum,

I could recreate the issue although this time a slightly different version of the corruption appeared. What I did was export the file and overwrite another TIFF until it corrupted.

Here's how the thumbnail, image after opening and corrupt portion when opened in AP looks. This time there's a partial corruption at the lower half of the image. 

Here's a link to the actual TIFF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42h198pduw97mz1/X_mov014.tiff?dl=0

I work with larger files which might or might not be part of the issue.

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 17.23.10.png

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 17.23.28.png

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 17.24.49.png