You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard shortcut list

These cheat sheets are great, but very limited.  How would I know from these that (using Designer on a mac for example):

shift + cmd + [  will move the selected layer to the bottom of the group

opt + cmd + [  will change the selected layer to the next layer in the group 

or

opt + cmd R  will switch to the Draw Persona

opt + cmd E  will switch to the Export Persona

opt + cmd P  will switch to the Pixel Persona

or

opt + clicking  on a handle would delete the handle

or

ctrl + drag  on the corner of a bounding box will rotate the box around the opposite corner

or

etc. etc. etc.

The cheat sheet doesn't address modifiers other than cmd.  Or using multiple modifiers.  Or modifiers used with a click or drag of the mouse.  Though some of those have been added to the MODIFIERS & LAYER CONTROL portion of the cheat sheet.

I find the list in the Help > Workspace > Keyboard shortcuts to be a much more comprehensive list and it is searchable.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

On 10/29/2018 at 5:34 PM, ianrb said:

Perhap we could list our favourites/most used (??)

Move Tool (V)
Node Tool (A) {added as custom shortcut to Affinity Photo so both apps use the same shortcut}
Duplicate (⌘J)
Change brush size (left & right square brackets)
Zoom to fit (⌘0) and to 100% (⌘1)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Move Tool (V)
Node Tool (A) {added as custom shortcut to Affinity Photo so both apps use the same shortcut}
Duplicate (⌘J)
Change brush size (left & right square brackets)
Zoom to fit (⌘0) and to 100% (⌘1)

Text Frame Tool  (T)(T) drives me up the wall that I never use the Artistic Text Tool so the first (T) is wasted on me.

Foreground/Fill to Background/Stroke colour swap (X) 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Text Frame Tool  (T)(T) drives me up the wall that I never use the Artistic Text Tool so the first (T) is wasted on me.

Then why not remove the T shortcut for the Artistic text Tool in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Then why not remove the T shortcut for the Artistic text Tool in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts?

Because I am stupid. I honestly assumed they were tied together. I am Too Thick. How many years have I had Designer and never Thought To Try That.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I honestly assumed they were tied together. I am Too Thick.

I think you meant to type ‘Tied Together’! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I think you meant to type ‘Tied Together’! ;)

Too Tired to correct it, and I didn't want to waste band width by going back to correct it.

Hey, hang on... D'oh!

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I could really use a text-searchable pdf that just lists them all. Like, is there even a shortcut to cycle pen modes? I want to customize them as little as possible, because I use a Razer gamepad for all my hotkeys and I can just program those buttons to match the program I'm using.

We are on the road with that...

9 minutes ago, scatterbrain73 said:

Yeah, I could really use a text-searchable pdf that just lists them all. Like, is there even a shortcut to cycle pen modes? I want to customize them as little as possible, because I use a Razer gamepad for all my hotkeys and I can just program those buttons to match the program I'm using.

I can't read it yet but it is some sort of text file.

386792185_ScreenShot2019-05-10at10_45_54AM.thumb.png.0b7f61a1b03f09e9f1b1ddfce0a3f253.png