You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Profiles for Canon PRO-1000 don't appear in Softproof dropdown after upgrading from macOS Sierra to High Sierra

I just upgraded macOS from 10.12.6 to 10.13.6.  Since then I haven't used Affinity Photo.  Today, I discovered that the printer profiles for my Canon PRO-1000 no longer appear in the list that the Softproof adjustment layer displays.  They do appears in the usual macOS print dialog, and I see them in /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources/ICCProfiles/PRO1000series.canonicc/Contents/Resources.  Where is Softproof expecting those profiles?  If where they are, why am I not seeing them in the Softproof dropdown?

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

Thanks for the reply.  In fact, I ended up doing something similar, i. e., putting an alias to the folder that contains the profiles in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/.

I just don't remember doing either what I did or what you recommended before, and hunting through Time Machine to backups made just before I migrated to macOS 10.13.6 turned up neither aliases nor the profiles themselves, not in ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ and not in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ either.

Richard Liu

Oh, sorry, yes, the alias works.  Your suggestion would, too, presumably.

But, as I said, is this the only way for Affinity Photo to get those profiles?  Because I don't remember copying them to either ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ or /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/, and I see neither the profiles nor aliases pointing to their location in backups that were made before the macOS upgrade, when the profiles were appearing in the dropdown displayed by the Softproof layer.

Is this just suspicious me, with more than forty years of experience in IT, fearing that another problem might be responsible for Affinity's not finding the profiles after the OS update, and your and my solutions do not address that problem, only a symptom of it?

Richard Liu