You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alternate and Winding Fills

What are the possible reasons for the Alternate and Winding Fills to be greyed out in the menu?

I'm following instructions from the help file:

422206903_Screenshot2018-10-29at12_06_45.png.9fd10274725b8c46af04217f394564e1.png

When I try it, I cannot select either:

191886994_Screenshot2018-10-29at12_08_15.png.122c8653d4a87c9d852b8885aae2f8a2.png

I've tried with nothing selects, with only one object selected, with two objects selected. I've tried selecting directly on the artboard as well as from the layers menu. Am I missing something or is the help file just sketchy?

• Staff

Hi Markcq :)

The fill mode applies to singular curve objects, not multiples. This is why you're seeing no difference when changing the fill mode currently. As can be seen in your first post; 

Filling self-intersecting shapes

Shapes which have been constructed using self-intersecting lines can be filled in two different ways.

I've created a quick video below showing this, I hope it helps clear things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks, that's amazing... Strange... the orange examples I have above was done with a single curve... I have tried it now and it works. Not sure why the previous one didn't work. Thanks for the vid. Really helpful.