You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Download of sample content fails with pop under message

I tried to download the APub sample file 'Affinity Brochure' from the welcome screen > 'View samples'. This took very long and after I did not see any result after hours I closed this window. There I discovered a pop up message (see attachment). I think this message should show in front of the 'View samples' window instead behind it :)

d.

apub-error-message.thumb.PNG.4bf9e61007cc3e6b42f75cc8a901d7e6.PNG

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

20 minutes ago, Panchdara said:

I just tried this and the download worked absolutely fine for me.

Whether the download works or not isn’t the issue. What @dominik is reporting is that when it doesn’t work, the error message is hidden behind the ‘View samples’ window, which it clearly shouldn’t be.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Panchdara said:

Hi Dominik. I just tried this and the download worked absolutely fine for me.

Win 10, AP 1.7.0.145
Hardware: Vaio laptop i7, 16gb

Hi @Panchdara,

I'm not so much worried about the download itself. I will try that later again.

I posted this here in the bugs forum because of the hidden error message, as @αℓƒяє∂ allready pointed out. It may be a minor bug but certainly worth fixing it :).

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

• Staff

Hey dominik,

I'm on a slightly newer build and my message appears on top. You can easily reproduce the message by disconnecting from the internet as the sample downloads. Would you be able to try again once you get a new build and let me know if it still happens?

13 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Would you be able to try again once you get a new build and let me know if it still happens?

Sure, I'll keep an eye on it (the new build and the message box ;) )

d.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:10 AM, Chris B said:

You can easily reproduce the message by disconnecting from the internet as the sample downloads. Would you be able to try again once you get a new build and let me know if it still happens?

Hi @Chris B,

I'm now on APub beta .157 and tried this again.

The message box pops up in front of the welcome message if I had disconnected from the internet before I click on download.

I did not get a message box at all when I disconnect after the download has started. It just stops. I waited for about 30 seconds to see if there is some kind of timeout.
Interesting also: after I connected to the internet again the download did not continue.

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.