You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

line with text

17 minutes ago, Cap said:

I have many lines

You can add as many decorations to your paragraph as you like by clicking the + button next to the style in question.

I tried to reproduce your initial design with Table Styles but they are unable to cope with that. I hope that table styles can be improved upon later.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

24 minutes ago, Seneca said:

You can add as many decorations to your paragraph as you like by clicking the + button next to the style in question.

Yes, but they apply to a paragraph, which means that when a paragraph has several lines of text you can get a decoration line above the first and below the last, but not above/below each individual text line. You'd need to break them into individual paragraphs to get lines around each.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You'd need to break them into individual paragraphs to get lines around each.

You are absolutely right. I should have read the initial problem more carefully.

The best option here would be to put the text in a Table but unfortunately Table styles will not be able to reproduce the PDF as attached by Cap in his first post.
I hope that Table styles in Publisher will become more flexible in the future.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Do you have Combine Identical ticked in the definition of the Decoration? Unticking that will give each paragraph its line under, not just the last final.

I guess the obvious answer to my next question will be no but here goes, can you not use the underline character style? I know not what you wanted but I thought I would get it out there.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Do you have Combine Identical ticked in the definition of the Decoration? Unticking that will give each paragraph its line under, not just the last final.

I guess the obvious answer to my next question will be no but here goes, can you not use the underline character style? I know not what you wanted but I thought I would get it out there.

Yes, I have detached, but I neeed to apply at ANY  LINE of the paragraph.If I have two or tree hundred of lines i can't make a paragraph for any line.

You can see here attached whot I need.

Thanks  

2018-10-28_102638.jpg

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, but they apply to a paragraph, which means that when a paragraph has several lines of text you can get a decoration line above the first and below the last, but not above/below each individual text line. You'd need to break them into individual paragraphs to get lines around each.

If I  neeed to apply at two or tree hundred of lines i can't make a paragraph for any line.