You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i tutor Affinity Photo to a group of 10 members of Seniornet Glenfield Auckland NZ, many have been attending for 2 years and prior attended pse which i had tutored for 8 years using Scott Kelby and Mark Galer books as resources so we welcomed the arrival of Workbook. i accessed the provided site and downloaded mamtor getting 11 pages, i deleted this as 003 image was black and white. now i am unable to access anything but the2 images before/after.

Also i have suggested that the Function keys be used for keyboard shortcuts which i have done but it would be more consistant if the dev team did so. a transcript of the narration would be welcome as would high quality images of the video subjects, the snipping tool is less than good

A great product, hence the group's (known as "the Circle of Confusion") enthusiasm. well done team

davehelas

• Staff

Hi djh :)

I've downloaded the resources for this project and there is 1 .tiff file and the final version of the .afphoto file. Could you confirm which image you're referring to when you say '003 image'?

You can redownload the resources at anytime from the provided affin.co link in the workbook!

Thanks for your suggestion, I recommend creating a new topic in our feature requests section of the forums :)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/55-suggestions-for-affinity-photo-on-desktop/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

10 hours ago, djh said:

i accessed the provided site and downloaded mamtor getting 11 pages, i deleted this as 003 image was black and white.

I am not sure what you mean by 11 pages but just guessing, could this be some kind of reference to the "03 Creating A Moody Sky" snapshot in the final version of the provided .afphoto format file named mam_tor.afphoto?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

003 does refer to SNAPSHOT as per Resource box on page 146 on workbook. my original download included all snapshots so labelled in the pages on workbook and it was 003 image page 147 that was black/white which is why i foolishly deleted the folder expecting to be able to download all pages/snapshots but am only receiving the before/after images. i hope that clarifies the situation

davehelas

28 minutes ago, djh said:

... but am only receiving the before/after images.

It would help clarify things if you would refer to the downloaded & unzipped files by their filenames. There are only two for the Mam Tor chapter: mam_tor.tiff & mam_tor.afphoto. The first is the file you should use for the exercise; the second is for reference so you can compare your work on the tiff to its snapshots, named for each part of the exercise:
1945338838_mam_torsnapshots.jpg.1bcdc954e72d983a83e4f0a72a1d7df6.jpg

This is explained on page 9 of the workbook, in the section titled "Project Resources."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

unfortunately snapshot box only has original image, no other snaps. thanks to you who have taken time and effort to help but i have work around which provides a solution and allows me to issue snaps to students. till next time, enjoy

davehelas

2 hours ago, djh said:

unfortunately snapshot box only has original image, no other snaps.

It sounds like you were checking the mam_tor.tiff file you are supposed to use for the exercise. Only the mam_tor.afphoto file has the numbered snapshots. They are definitely in the .afphoto file as downloaded. The only way they would not be there now is if you deleted them.

Affinity Photo