You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recommendations

I am not a professional user of DTP and one of the main attractions of the earlier versions of thze Serif packages was how intuitive they were to use.
It does appear that the quest to make the package look more professional and similar to the market leaders, later versions and certainly this package has somewhat lost that. To a professional everyday user who is au fait with such products, I am sure they can whiz around with no difficulties. To the occasional user like myself, knocking up the odd poster for advertising events for the organisation I am involved with, it is not so easy and quite daunting to be honest. Perhaps having a basic layout with popup windows with more advanced features for those that can would be a way 'forward'.?

Two useful features that were in X9 (already getting less intuitive than earlier versions), were the Logo Design Studio and the Cutout Studio.These would be excellent and worthwhile inclusions in any future versions.

HTH

The Affinity range is indeed targeting more professional users, and there are already complaints in one or two places over the fact that some of the features are implemented in modal dialogs that need to be opened and closed each time they are used rather than staying on the screen where they are easier to get to.  The notion of using popup windows translates to extra mouse clicks and hidden functionality which is directly opposed to use in a professional environment, so I don't think that is going to fly.

The interface is an adjustment for pro users too, the difference being that this is expected.  A professional interface gives preference to efficiency in operation after it is learned over efficiency in learning.