You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, IanSG said:

On my PC it's in Program Files\Affinity\Affinity  Photo.

Same for me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/8/2018 at 10:10 AM, utthan said:

Hi @Gabriel,

I had purchased a couple of licenses.

Have installed on a few systems. How do I check which license is used & which is available?

What do you mean by “available” in this context? As the licensee, a single licence covers you for both commercial and personal use of the app on multiple computers owned and controlled by you.

You would need to use an additional licence if you wanted to install a copy of the app on a single computer for commercial use by multiple employees or household members.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

What do you mean by “available” in this context? A single licence covers both commercial and personal use of the app on multiple computers owned and controlled by the licensee.

That's a good question, but if anything more than personal use comes into it (i.e., commercial or education) that paraphrasing of the EULA is a bit lacking in the fine-print details and I'd suggest the OP read the actual EULA :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

57 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

What do you mean by “available” in this context?

There's an old story about IBM employees finding that a particular shareware program was very useful and it ended up being installed on every PC in the company - rather than risk being sued, IBM bought millions of dollars worth of licenses.  The story's probably apocryphal, but checking that all our PC software was properly licensed suddenly became a very hot topic!  In this case, I just assumed that @utthan was making sure that the books were in order.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

That's a good question, but if anything more than personal use comes into it (i.e., commercial or education) that paraphrasing of the EULA is a bit lacking in the fine-print details and I'd suggest the OP read the actual EULA :)

I see that you quoted my post before I edited it, Walt! That aside, I also see that I wrote “owned and controlled” rather than “owned or controlled”, and I do agree that the OP should read the actual EULA rather than relying on paraphrasis by me or anyone else.

19 minutes ago, IanSG said:

The story's probably apocryphal

The mere fact of a story being apocryphal doesn’t necessarily mean that it isn’t true! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

32 minutes ago, IanSG said:

The story's probably apocryphal, but checking that all our PC software was properly licensed suddenly became a very hot topic! 

I was never sure if that was apocryphal or not, but those were some interesting times at IBM :D

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...

I bought the books a while ago and I think I obtained the software for affinity Designer and affinity photo I can’t find the software since I had my stroke can I check I have my software some ware if not can you let me know the situation on where I am thank you