You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Odd behavior with tables

If I duplicate a page containing a table, only the table of one of the pages is editable, the other is not. Curiously if I change the order of the pages the table that was not editable becomes editable and the other cannot be edited anymore. Also if I make several duplicates, only one can be edited, which again depends on the layer order. I guess it is a bug because this is not a desirable behavior.

The row and column headings are missing and I cannot highlight the text. The only thing I can do is place the cursor inside the cell and erase the word with the "delete" key and retype, but not highlight for copy/paste etc.

What table is editable is also odd. Right after opening Publisher the first table that I edit becomes editable with row and column headings no matter whether is in the first, second, third... page. If I quit Publisher and reopen and I choose a different page, that is the table that becomes editable. The other tables do not get the headings no matter what I do.

16 minutes ago, Gardenia said:

The other tables do not get the headings no matter what I do.

I can confirm the same odd behaviour here. Just created a table on a new page, duplicated the page. I am able to edit the table on the second page but when I go back to the first page I am unable to select anything and the table rows and heading don't show up.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Strange, this only appears on my iMac. on the MacBook air every thing works as it should. I think I will delete AP on the iMac and download again. OK, just did that, but no change. Cannot open header cells in tables either with existing tables or new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.