You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Angle and tilt inquiry

Hello AD team, 

i am facing an issue which am not sure is it me not finding it or it is not there. On my Macbook when i used to use AD in mockups i had the function of tilting object and images the way i needed easily, which i dont know how to do on ipad. For example if i have a mockup of a laptop with a sideview and i want to place a design from a side view angle into the laptop screen, on the mac i had the arrows between the corners which i could easily move. Is this option available on ipad app? I tried to rotate and use the shear feature, but still i cant get the perfect side view as one side should be shorter than the other. Please help me asap with this problem. Am stuck!!

6 minutes ago, KarolinaBS said:

i cant get the perfect side view as one side should be shorter than the other

How do you achieve that in the desktop version of AD? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I know how to apply shear on the desktop version. I was specifically asking about making one side shorter than the other, since AD doesn’t yet have a vector perspective function.

If you want to apply vertical shear numerically, firstly apply horizontal shear and then subtract the shear value from the rotation value; e.g. if the object is rotated by 45° and you apply 18° of horizontal shear, changing the rotation value to (45 —18) = 27° will give you the same end result as applying 18° of vertical shear.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Oki, i got your point. But still am not getting the right degrees. Am really bad in that on ipad, could you help me out with this one? Coz now when I was trying i reached to 26 degrees rotation and 13.6 shear. 3 angles are perfect, one is not. Am so frustrated as i was trying since couple of hours to fit it properly. Any possible way???