You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option key to scale from center

Thanks for the tip, but I would suggest swapping those actions.

Not to be snarky at all, but I do wonder why decisions like this get made. A known modifier key that a substantial portion of your user base has likely been using for, dare I guess…decades, if they are anything like me. Yet, at some meeting, somewhere, someone said, we should change this in favor of a new behavior. In ID (and PS and AI), holding option scales from center, while holding command does nothing. Why not map "bypass snapping" to the command key and avoid confusion?

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to the completed product.

QuarkXPress also uses option.  However, the other Affinity apps have been around for a few years and use command, so keeping it as it is maintains consistency within the product line, and that probably is more important here - particularly when you add that option to ignore snapping is used across multiple tools within the product, not all of which have an "around center" option.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.