Patrick Connor

Latest Affinity releases on each platform by store

This post is designed to be an aid to knowing if you are using the latest version on your platform.  The thread is now locked to if you "follow" it you will know then we release a new version on any platform.

I will update/edit this post as new releases and betas are added.

Product Name       | Platform         | Purchase Store  | Version        | Trial       |
====================|==================|=================|================|=============|
 Affinity Designer  | Windows 7, 8, 10 | Affinity Store  | 1.6.5.135      | 1.6.5.135   |
 Affinity Designer  | Windows 10       | Microsoft Store | 1.6.5.123      | (as above)  |
 Affinity Designer  | MacOS 10.7-10.14 | Mac App Store   | 1.6.1          | n/a         |
 Affinity Designer  | MacOS 10.9-10.14 | Affinity Store  | 1.6.5.135 (PK) | 1.6.5.135   |
 Affinity Designer  | iOS 11,12        | iPad Store      | 1.6.4          | not posible |
 Affinity Photo     | Windows 7, 8, 10 | Affinity Store  | 1.6.5.135      | 1.6.5.135   |
 Affinity Photo     | Windows 10       | Microsoft Store | 1.6.5.123      | (as above)  |
 Affinity Photo     | MacOS 10.7-10.14 | Mac App Store   | 1.6.7          | n/a         |
 Affinity Photo     | MacOS 10.9-10.14 | Affinity Store  | 1.6.11.135 (PK)| 1.6.11.135  |
 Affinity Photo     | iOS 11, 12       | iPad Store      | 1.6.12         | not posible |
 Affinity Publisher | Windows 7, 8, 10 | Affinity Store  | n/a            | n/a         |
 Affinity Publisher | Windows 10       | Microsoft Store | n/a            | n/a         |
 Affinity Publisher | MacOS 10.7-10.14 | Mac App Store   | n/a            | n/a         |
 Affinity Publisher | MacOS 10.9-10.14 | Affinity Store  | n/a            | n/a         |

Release notes

If you are looking for the equivalent beta build numbers please refer to these threads

Affinity Version Numbering

Windows build numbers and Mac builds are independent.
The third number increases each time a public release is made, so Windows and Mac builds have simply been released a different number of times (sometimes to fix OS specific problems) 

Affinity Designer Windows 1.6 has had 6 public versions 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.3 (very briefly), 1.6.4 & 1.6.5

Affinity Designer Mac 1.6 has had 3 public versions 1.6.0, 1.6.1 (and 1.6.2 PK - 1.6.5 PK  on the Affinity Store for corp/direct sales and redemption code customers)

Affinity Photo Windows 1.6 has had 5 public versions 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.3 (very briefly), 1.6.4 & 1.6.5

Affinity Photo Mac 1.6 has had 3 public versions 1.6.6, 1.6.7 (and 1.6.8 PK - 1.6.11 PK on the Affinity Store for corp/direct sales and redemption code customers)

Affinity Designer for iPad has had 4 public releases 1.6.0, 1.6.1 1.6.2, 1.6.3 & 1.6.4, but is based on the latest released codebase (technically ahead of desktop 1.6 releases).

Affinity Photo for iPad has had 10 public releases 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.3, 1.6.4, 1.6.5, 1.6.7, 1.6.8, 1.6.9, 1.6.10, 1.6.11 & 1.6.12 (similar codebase to 1.6.4 iPad Designer)

[Please note that Microsoft Store presents the build number slightly differently so 1.6.5.123 can also appear as a store update as 10605.123.0.0]

Windows Photo 1.6.5 is approximately the same codebase as Mac Photo 1.6.7. They were released quite closely and share 97% the same features and shared fixes, and obviously each also has OS specific fixes. [see release notes section above]
Windows Designer 1.6.5  is approximately the same codebase as Mac Designer 1.6.1. They were released quite closely and share 97% the same features and shared fixes, and obviously each also has OS specific fixes. [see release notes section above]
So Windows and Mac version numbers differing simply means the number of versions released are different.

Installation of Software and Updates

Paid software downloaded from the Affinity Store requires a product key and email pair to use. New versions are notified within the application when it is first run and updates are done manually by installing the new version over the old. (Only the Mac versions from the Affinity Store needs manually uninstalling first, all other versions will install over the top of the old one)

Software downloaded from the Mac App Store, Microsoft Store and iPad store do not require a key and are updated through the relevant store. This is not always simultaneous around the world and updates are often rolled progressively by the store out so if you cannot see an update once announced here, don't worry or make a support ticket, just check back as they will normally appear for all users within 24 hours of first release.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

33 minutes ago, fernandolins86 said:

Shouldn't this post be locked for comments? This way we only get notifications when the list is updated, not when a comment is added.

It's so complicated that I think customers should be able to ask questions here to clarify. More importantly I am editing the first post when the version numbers change and followers don't get notifications when edits are made, so I would have to make a new post too.

So I have a suggestion that you follow the whole "News and Information" forum instead. When there are important releases we make new posts in this forum AND as only Serif Staff can post in this forum you will get notifications of new releases (and only a very few other things).

Click Here to follow this News and Information forum.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

The table should be updated in the Customer Beta column, because currently we have Affinity Designer and Photo Customer Betas at version 1.6.5.109, right?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

At the prompt from launching Affinity Photo 1.6.4, I downloaded the update to 1.6.5.  On launching the .exe program it tells me Setup Failed.  I've tried this several times (without Affinity Photo running) and have also deleted the .exe file and then made a fresh download.  I'm running native Windows 10 (10.0.1734) with plenty of free space.  Any ideas?

@Threepence

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Sorry you are having this problem with the latest installer.

Please can you check this FAQ for 1.6.5 windows intsallers and if you are not helped by it can you then make a new thread in the "Bugs on Windows" forum where a member of Tech Support should be able to help with this.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Just downloaded Designer again and got this version? Anything new, something important changed?

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: Intel i7-3770K                                        CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 16 GB                                                      RAM: 32 GB

GPU: GTX 1070                                               GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB                SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 2 x Samsung SyncMaster P2450         TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Oh thanks, that was quick!

So that was the 1.6.5 release then, I somehow missed that it was .135, Beta last was 1.6.5.123 so I thought it was the same or 125, and as I didn't see it here as last available version I was more confused ^^

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

GPU: GTX 1070                                               GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

5 minutes ago, af-user said:

Oh thanks, that was quick!

So that was the 1.6.5 release then, I somehow missed that it was .135, Beta last was 1.6.5.123 so I thought it was the same or 125, and as I didn't see it here as last available version I was more confused ^^

Oh, that is just an installer change. My mistake, I was not aware this was live (expected tomorrow or Monday).

There are no software changes between 1.6.5.123 and 1.6.5.135, only installer and trial differences (the trial installation and real version installation being brought into the same executable)  I will edit my posts where necessary

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

So it IS brand new ^^ Thanks for the confirmation and letting me know that I am not that stupid!

13 hours ago, VR_State said:

Updated my ADe for iPad to 1.6.3 a couple days ago, as there was barely any info (bug fixes)on appstore...anything more specific?

There was only one change and that was an "installer" type fix to make .afstyles files import into the program [using a change to the property list file]. Other than version number changes the code in 1.6.3 is identical to 1.6.2. so I have tweaked the 1.6.2 post and turned it into a 1.6.3 post. Thanks for the nudge.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, fernandolins86 said:

Shouldn't this post be locked for comments? This way we only get notifications when the list is updated, not when a comment is added.

Absolutely. Great idea. This thread is now locked and will only be posted to by Serif Staff as the released versions change.  Please follow this thread if you want to know about future version changes.

NOTE: I messed up splitting and locking it, so you find that you now need to follow it even if you thought you already were. This is not the original thread!

All earlier posts (and the subsequent off topic discussion) have been split into their own thread here

If you think this post has got behind and needs updating please PM me.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Although Serif have not got any new RELEASE builds right now (which is the main purpose of this thread), please don't forget to check out our Beta forums if you would like to.

For owners of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo desktop builds, we often release customer beta builds. The beta builds offer an opportunity to trial bug fixes, add support for new file formats and show off new features before they are launched.

If you would like to try the Customer Beta build look for the top (pinned) post in each of these forums:

Before we launch Affinity Publisher, if you are interested in trying Publisher please add a download to your store account here . The pre-release download is free and available for anyone to see if this new application will be right for you. Also keep an eye on the top pinned thread in these beta forums, for news of fixes, new file formats and additional features and early access to new build download links.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.