You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print quality issue

Dear Affinity,

I am excited that you are trying to release a DTP software. Very nice try. I have spotted a printing issue with the Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.145 version.

I have created a design in Affinity Designer latest version. An AI figure was opened in AD, modified and saved as AD file (file attached).

Created an AP document, pasted the text, and placed the figure created from the AD file (file attached).

When printing this AP file to a colour laser jet printer, quality is very nice as expected (left part of image attached).

However, when exporting the AP document to PDF (file attached) and printing it, then the quality of the PDF looks very bad (right part of image attached).

Apologies if already posted.

Also please include Greek dictionary, it looks awful like this.

Any thanks and keep up the hard work.

Best, A

AD file.afdesign

AP file.afpub

PDF file.pdf

Print.jpg

Hi Aristarxos

I've tried printing from your file directly in Publisher, from your supplied PDf and a PDF export I generated and they are all looking pretty similar, although I am using a different printer. Where are you printing your PDF from is it a particular app and have you be able to compare the print on any other setups?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer. Very nice and hard work guys. It is highly appreciated.

Concerning the issue, I am printing both the PDF (created PDF from the A.P.) with Preview, and the file directly from the A.P. on a HP M551 colour laser printer.

The differences when I am printing are visible, especially on the text of the figure (only). The other main text is normal.

This (?) look like the previous one I had reported when printing with the A.D. and the I think a colleague of yours came back saying that the issue derives from the mask (?).

Best regards,

A.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.