coral

New Batch Job Parallel Processing

New Batch Job Parallel Processing is not running.
There are 30 JPG pictures. 300 DPI each. I'm trying to shrink the images with "Save as JPEG". However, it does not work when "Parallel processing" is activated. 
It only works if I don't select "Parallel processing".

macOS 10.14 (18A391)
Affinity 1.6.7

Hi Coral,

What happens when you try to run the batch-job with Parallel Processing activated? It looks as though this is an issue with Mojave that is currently logged to be fixed in a future update.

Thanks

C

Hi Coral,

This is a known bug with Mojave at the moment and is currently logged with our developers to be fixed. You should be able to work around this by going into the apps preferences and under the Performance tab change the Display dropdown to Metal.

Thanks

Callum 

On 10/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, Callum said:

This is a known bug with Mojave at the moment and is currently logged with our developers to be fixed. You should be able to work around this by going into the apps preferences and under the Performance tab change the Display dropdown to Metal.

Hi Callum, I have this issue and my display preference is already set to Metal.

Turning off parallel processing however, does work around the issue.

Screenshot 2018-11-14 09.27.52.png

HI there, I wanted to chime in as I just found this bug through my own workflows .. parallel processing not working to batch process 90 or so afdesign files to .png graphics. With parallel processing turned off, this works OK.

Note: I had this happen on both Mojave (today) and High Sierra (last month).

I have the same problem on Mojave, even with display set to Metal and parallel processing turned off. This is a real pain, and I frequently convert large batches of images from one icc profile to another.

Hi PeterSvancar, tommca,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Can you please try the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta and check if you still have issues there? Here's the links for both Mac and Windows:

Hi MEB,

I just tried to run a batch process with Parallel Processing activated using the Beta 1.7.0.110.

It works.

When do you think the new version will be released ?

Thank you.

After a test on about 10 files, I loaded about 2300 files in source of batch process to image shriking and metadata removing.

Affinity crashed after processing 1523 files.