You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Initial Margins keep re-appearing

I created a new 28 page document. My initial Margin settings were far too small, so I updated the Margins on the Master page to the correct size. Then I applied the Master to all pages. Margins all updated accordingly.

However after saving and restarting, all the Margins on the working pages are back to their initial dimensions. The Margins on the Master page are the new, correct size.

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with Margins, or whether it's a problem with Publisher remembering that I have applied Master pages.

It is a problem with the Master Pages not applying their Margins onto the Pages. Try the Document Spread Settings for the pages and set the margins there for the pages, those will stick. The margins from the Master Pages are only good for the time until the document is closed. If you prefer setting margins on a Master Page then you should use guides on those Master pages to indicate where the margins are on the pages they are applied to.

I doubt that the above is clear, sorry.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, ffca said:

Are you saying that this is intended behavior, or that it's currently a known bug?

It is known, and I am hoping it is a bug. As intended behaviour I think it is a very poor choice to not have Master Page Margins replace the margins on a Page. If like me you don't want the margins just don't make them, Right?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.