You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It seems it works. Thank you! But maybe a little ALT button somewhere in the app UI would be great. (or maybe not, I am an Affinity Photo beginner). The full on-screen keyboard takes a lot of the display space. What about a tool window with relevant key shortcuts for the tablet mode users?

I am not an user of that tablet, but... Hasn't Surface's pen a side button? Can't you map it to alt key like with a Wacom pen ? (which even has 2 configurable side buttons. I typically have alt in one of the two, ctrl+z or the like in the other, depending on each app )

If the driver or software does not provide your with this, (Wacom does) , you might want to try X-Mouse Button Control.

Maybe the issue is that it only allows right button click emulation, in that button? Then u could use the above utility to map RMB (right click button) to ALT key only for Affinity (Photo or AD)...but of course, this would invalidate RMB entirely for other functions...So, perhaps you'd only activate it for long painting sessions, then just deactivate the app in the X-Mouse menu (accessed by the tray icon), is just a check mark, no need to restart any app, takes seconds to go to the tray icon and do it.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

It should work....Is just a replacement of a mouse button/keyboard/combo/whatever by a keystroke/mouse button/etc.... A place where captain X-Mouse would help.... I have made recently a post (it was being asked a different replacement, but procedure is pretty similar) with a link to an old tut of mine with X-Mouse on how to setup and easily use it :  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/67797-adjusting-brush-sizes/&do=findComment&comment=367440

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.