You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks for your swift reply.

Might I suggest that it would be very useful as a future feature, as it means I currently can't export my artwork as my printer has requested it.

Also designing brochures with extra fold out cover pages would not be possible. Hopefully this would be a relatively straight forward update.

Keep the good work coming, I 'm a big fan :)

22 minutes ago, Ben Walsh said:

Also designing brochures with extra fold out cover pages would not be possible. Hopefully this would be a relatively straight forward update.

How is that so? Of course a single page can be used. Page size is simply the trim size and guides are used to indicate the panel sizes.

Yes, you're right, it can be done as a large single page, but it's a clunky way of designing. In terms of design work flow it would be far simpler and quicker to have the option of multiple (more than 2) facing pages. It would be a very appealing feature in my view.

Onwards and upwards! :D

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Ben Walsh,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently Affinity Publisher doesn't support more than 2 facing pages.You have to create the trifold using a single page (spread) and use guides to manually separate/create the "pages". 

I had to do this in PagePlus after several abortive trials, and what @MEB suggested was by far the most straightforward.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

4 hours ago, Ben Walsh said:

Yes, you're right, it can be done as a large single page, but it's a clunky way of designing. In terms of design work flow it would be far simpler and quicker to have the option of multiple (more than 2) facing pages. It would be a very appealing feature in my view.

Onwards and upwards! :D

Yes. Of course it can be easier/quicker. But it is a matter of mere minutes to do as a single page. Of course, though I still generally use a single page for a more "complicated" example, book cover design is more assured with having multi-page spreads, especially if one needs to change spine width for any reason. That, to me, is where the advantages of more than two page spreads save time and can make a person more comfortable in possible changes.

Even so, I still mostly do cover wraps on a single page. The only time I use ID's ability of multi-page spreads for covers is if that's what I need to return to the client.

• 4 months later...

multi-page spreads are badly needed. 

for a book cover as well as for a trifold leaflet my clients always want the title page to be exported separately
(e.g. for advertising a book or showing a folder cover on a download page).

therefore multiple facing pages are essential for serious design work, as well as wing pages (extra fold outs) added to single pages layouts or facing pages.
this is the only way of exporting or moving around single pages in a document without having to mess around with multiple page elements (which is a hierarchy below).

in affinity designer i did this with nested artboards.
yes, i can simulate multi-page spreads in affinity publisher with layers and/or groups by now. but elegant and self-explaining is something else entirely.

• 2 months later...

I agree, multi-page spreads are needed. 

At the moment I'm working on an instagram layout where I'd like to have 3 spreads in a row and still be able to export individual pages to later be uploaded to instagram in sequence. By laying them out in a single page I wouldn't be able to do this...

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Thisismandatory said:

This is a very needed function when making any sort of book for print or even a simple leaflet. 

As part of a pledge made this week, Serif announced that multi-page spreads are in development. We don't know when it's coming but it's good to know that it is coming. You can find out more in this post:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/press/newsroom/affinity-and-canva-pledge/

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)