Publisher 1.7.0.145

• Launch Publisher
  • Create a new document from the default settings
  • Baseline Grid Manager > enable Use Baseline Grid
  • Snapping Manager > enable Snap to baseline grid
  • Save your blank document
  • Quit Publisher
  • Reopen Publisher by double-clicking the test document saved a moment ago

The Snap to baseline grid option has been turned back off, although the other settings remain as they were previously.

It doesn't seem to matter if you use View > Snapping Manager, or the Snapping controller in the toolbar across the top of the workspace.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Checked here and you are correct, also checked with a not blank document. The Snap to Baseline Grid is not preserved after quitting Publisher, doesn't matter how you start it, i.e. double clicking the document file in the finder or starting Publisher first and then opening the file. The problem is quitting Publisher does not honour the Snap to Baseline Grid setting. Makes me wonder what other little stuff is also not honoured.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It was originally in my project document that I noticed this, but I wanted to reduce complications and simplify the description - hence specifying the blank document.  Glad I'm not alone in this!  :)

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We believe this issue has been addressed in the latest beta 1.7.0.192

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.