You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The dimensions of this page are out-of-range - Page content might be truncated

Hi,

I’ve created a design in Affinity Publisher 6000mm x 3000mm (for a billboard poster).

When it was sent to the printers they couldn’t open the PDF. Instead a message came up saying "The dimensions of this page are out-of-range - Page content might be truncated"

The file opens fine in preview but they can’t send it to print the way it is. 

Does anyone have any suggestions why the file may not be opening?

Thanks for your help

UkeyD

It may have something to do with what the maximum size a PDF file can be

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

It may have [something] to do with what the maximum size a PDF file can be

It may have everything to do with the maximum size a PDF file can be! PDF files are normally limited to 200 inches (5080 millimetres) in either direction, so you need to create the drawing at 50% of the intended final size and ask the printer to scale it up for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

21 hours ago, UkeyD said:

Thanks for your help. The printers have asked me to scale it down to 10%. Hopefully that will work for them. Just concerned photo quality won’t be so good when scaled back up. 

I wonder why they asked you to go so low! 50% is still quite big, but 25% should have been more than adequate (and 12.5% would probably yield better results than 10%, since it could then be scaled back up by an exact power of 2).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I wonder why they asked you to go so low! 50% is still quite big, but 25% should have been more than adequate (and 12.5% would probably yield better results than 10%, since it could then be scaled back up by an exact power of 2).

Yes seems alot but that worked well for them!