You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.145 crashes

I have problems while working in a specific document. It was imported from a Designer file (which I have done with lots of documents without any issues). I did lots of edits to the document, but after trying to do a PDF export, it just keeps crashing. I have tried to create a new document, and then copy and paste the content to the new file, but then it crashes when copying the content of the page.

Anders

RAYVN Sales Document 2 pages German.afpub

• Staff

Hey andersius,

I get a warning about two missing fonts: 'FontAwesome' and 'Intro'—have you tried replacing these fonts to see if the document exports? I can export it just fine and the only difference is I don't have the fonts you have used. 

Where are you exporting the PDF and what preset PDF export setting are you using? 

• Staff

Hi andersius,
In addition to what Chris has said above, I've noticed that your screenshot shows a corrupted image on Page 1. This is not included in the attached file, and could likely be the reason it is not crashing for us! Have you tried deleting and re-adding that image from new on your file?

Hi.

After doing lots of research, the problem seems to be connected to the single image. I removed it, and then tried to copy and paste it from Designer into Publisher. Publisher would then crash. When trying to export, I would only see the export section for a second, before it crashed, not being able to make changes to the settings.

When I exported the image from Designer as a png, and then placed the image into Publisher it worked. So the problem seems to occur when using the specific image as imported from the Designer file, and later on also when trying to copy/paste the image into Publisher. While doing a manual "Place" to Publisher solved the problem. At least for now.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.